Friday, July 20, 2007

The Shoebox is Open

Squalid Shoebox is the production house for the Australia Tomorrow series - available free online, and through all good newsagents for $0.99 per issue. If you care about your children, start collecting the whole set today.

Comments from satisfied readers:

"My kids started asking all these questions like "how come I don't have forty cousins like Mohammed?" and "will I still be able to wear a bikini at Cronulla?". So, naturally, I got Bigpond Broadband like any father would. I googled "australia tomorrow" and there it was! I recommend Broadband and Australia Tomorrow to all parents who demand that someone else do their thinking for them. Now I can keep watching the footy and know that Australia Tomorrow is looking out for my kids. The kids even tell me who to vote for!"

Australia Tomorrow Series:
I like Australia Tomorrow, how can I learn more? Try these informative websites:
I want to write for Australia Tomorrow! How can I submit my work?

If you have ideas for new stories then leave a comment at the bottom of this page. Otherwise, feel free to leave comments on the existing stories and drafts.

What topics do you cover?

Hmm, there's mainly Muslim issues, but the effects of other forces such as immigration and globalisation will also be examined.

You seem awfully flippant, why is that?

Well, it seems "the compatibility of Muslims with the Western world" is a debate we all have to have - it's coming over the horizon sure as night follows day. But upon embarking on my education of Islamic issues, one quickly becomes aware of the need for a degree in Islamology and a knowledge of history of Islam and current affairs. And it's all so weighty and boring that I figured, if I have to learn about it, I will offer what I have learnt to others - only in a form that is less painful. There's nothing more educational than a good ol' piss-take. It's a serious issue, and the only way to get through it without turning into a rabid right-wing short-tempered Islamophobe is through humour.

Muslim immigration, their rapid birth-rates, and their failure to integrate are forcing us to deal with their looming threat to harmony - as is evident in Britain and Europe. A bit of sugar with this bitter pill goes a long way to helping us acknowledge the problem and working towards solutions.

How can I donate to the Shoebox?

Relax, the Shoebox is generously funded by an army of elderly ladies conducting innocuous lamington drives. The old folk, they're switched on. The best you can do is, if you see an old lady selling lamingtons, buy generously. If she gives you a wink, you're money is going to the right place.

Disclaimer: Shoebox will not be held responsible if you respond positively to genuine winking of elderly ladies.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

Hi Squalid. Is this your first post? If so, welcome to the blogosphere and thanks for the link. Looks like you're off to a good start.

Squalid Shoebox said...

Hey Aurora, thanks for the welcome. Yep this is my first post - fresh out of the bloven. I have been lurking on your blog and the other oz blogs for a while now. So much to learn. Much better things we could be doing with our time, but it's a problem that won't get better by itself, so it's time for me to add my 2 cent opinions to the blog world.